Monday, November 11, 2013

"I wear your granddad's clothes. I look incredible."

The other week, I gave you guys some tips on thrift store shopping [link!]. As a slight motivation, here are some of my favorite thrift shop purchases. I hope this gives you a little bit of inspiration! 

 photo 7f765c4a-7a47-4c84-94c7-ee0142cb6006_zps27fcf523.jpg
Dress worn as skirt: Forever 21 via Salvation Army [$5]DSCN1267
Polka Dot Plus-Size Blouse: Goodwill in Arizona[$6] 
This is probably one of my most worn articles of clothing ever. I'm pretty sure I wore this blouse three days in a row during one week of school. Knotted up, belted as a dress, and then as a tunic with a sweater on top. Maybe it's weird that a plus-size shirt has been such a staple in my wardrobe, but it's been the perfect addition of pattern to all my gloomy outfit days!DSCN1097
Bag: Goodwill in Queens, NY [approximately $1.67]
I may have accidentally taken this bag from someone else's shopping cart in the store because I thought it was abandoned. Oops. But it's been the perfect smallish bag with lots of zippers and pockets to incentivize organization.DSCN1127
Boots: Merona via Salvation Army [$4]
It is highly possible that I have worn these boots more than 300 times. Which makes the return on investment fantastically high. Probably my favorite thrift store find ever. 
 photo 94a343a6-9b71-4037-83bc-47ca71b50318_zps45049bed.jpg
Heels: Old Navy via Savers in Arizona [$6]
You gotta love some snakeskin print t-straps! The chunky heel is also perfect for my lack of balance and general coordination.  photo IMG_1003_zpsc4d03e90.jpg
Belt: thrift store in Arizona [25 cents]
This is the crowning jewel of my thrift store purchases. Actually no, I got a J.Crew down coat for $1 one time and that was awesome. But I wear this belt at least twice a week and it's been my constant companion for the last three years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment